I really don’t have a bad word to say about this e-book, so…
Here are five Reasons why you should buy How to Interview Doctor Who, Ozzy Osbourne and Everyone Else:
- This isn’t one of those ‘how to’ books written by someone who ‘never has’. Jason Arnopp has written for magazines such as Heat, Doctor Who Magazine and Kerrang!.
- It’s funny. In places, at least. Arnopp has got himself into various scrapes and hi-jinks during his career (particularly, it seems, as a music journalist), some of which he relays here.
- Because Arnopp’s prose is crisp and clean. That makes HTIDWOOSAEE very readable.
- If you don’t, I’ll come round and kill your goats. Not really. But, I just thought I’d write something shocking to make sure you were paying attention. I was going to write, ‘…kill your pets’ but thought I’d offend a multitude of pet-owners. No doubt, the National Union of Farmers will be on the blower to downthetubes forthwith.
- Because you’re bound to learn something. I did, and I’ve been interviewing people for about a decade (and been paid to do so since 2006).
And your extra-special bonus reason: Arnopp doesn’t neglect the tech’. Not only does he talk about the craft of interviewing (the different types of questions there are; how to draw recalcitrant interviewees out…) he also talks about the kit. Which is particularly useful for a technical dullard like me.
• Details of how to purchase this e-book are available at Jason’s blog: http://jasonarnopp.blogspot.co.uk/
Categories: British Comics