Aimed at fans of all ages, The Official Star Wars Fact File aims to enable readers to enter the Star Wars universe as never before, building up week by week to be the ultimate reference to a galaxy far, far away.
Featuring the original film trilogy, the most recent movies, the Clone Wars series and official novels, games and comics of the Star Wars Expanded Universe, De Agostini, claims The Official Star Wars Fact File will be the most complete guide to Star Wars ever published.
Officially licensed by Lucasfilm and given unprecedented access to historical information, movie photography, commissioned artwork, CGI images and detailed blueprints, every issue of The Official Star Wars Fact File will bring this knowledge to fans in six separate sections:
- Battles and Events: Looks at the major, decisive battles and feuds that have shaped the Star Wars galaxy, along with battle plans and strategies, profiles of the key factions, training tactics and blueprints.
- Character Files: Contains data files and biographies of all the major personalities and races, humanoid and alien, including councils, secret sects and other important affiliations.
- Planets and Locations: Provides key data on the galaxy itself: orbits, environments, locations, cities, buildings, indigenous populations and Death Stars.
- Droids: Often the backbone of a society, droids, robots and programmable entities are dissected in this section. Includes design details and specifications, historical usage, primary functions and notable models.
- Weapons and Technology: Explains the military and domestic technology used in the Star Wars universe. From ion blasters to double lightsabers, from sensor packs to quad laser scopes, from cybernetic implants to thermal detonators, holocrons, jet backpacks, Omni boxes and more.
Vehicles: Showing the inner workings of the spacecraft, land units and transporters used in the Star Wars universe, including detailed cross-sections, design blueprints, owner profiles and key uses.
Distributed by COMAG, The Official Star Wars Fact File Number One will be on sale for three weeks in all good newsagents across the UK. Issue One will have an introductory price of £0.50. Issue Two, on sale 15th January, will be sold at the regular price of £2.99 and will carry a binder in addition to the magazine.
DeAgostini UK: www.deagostini.co.uk
The founder of downthetubes, which he established in 1998. John works as a comics and magazine editor, writer, and on promotional work for the Lakes International Comic Art Festival. He is currently editor of Star Trek Explorer, published by Titan – his third tour of duty on the title originally titled Star Trek Magazine.
Working in British comics publishing since the 1980s, his credits include editor of titles such as Doctor Who Magazine, Babylon 5 Magazine, and more. He also edited the comics anthology STRIP Magazine and edited several audio comics for ROK Comics. He has also edited several comic collections, including volumes of “Charley’s War” and “Dan Dare”.
He’s the writer of “Pilgrim: Secrets and Lies” for B7 Comics; “Crucible”, a creator-owned project with 2000AD artist Smuzz; and “Death Duty” and “Skow Dogs” with Dave Hailwood.