The Walking Dead: Destinies launches today on PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch. The game will also be available on PC via Steam on 1st December. Experience adrenaline-pumping action and change the course of AMC’s The Walking Dead history. Will you choose Rick or Shane to lead the group? Will you make an enemy of the Governor, or recruit him to your cause? The choice is yours.
Here’s a Launch Trailer (18+ Rated)
In this third-person action-adventure experience based on the eponymous comic created by Robert Kirkman, with later art by Charlie Adlard, begin your journey as Rick Grimes, waking alone in a hospital surrounded by the dead. Assemble allies and fight your way through the walker apocalypse across iconic locations from The Walking Dead, including Atlanta, the Greene family farm, the prison, and Woodbury.
In crucial choice-driven moments, you’ll forever shape the destiny of your team of characters from the series. Heroes and villains, living and dead – it’s up to you to decide whether to stay the course of history or forge your own path through the world of The Walking Dead.
- Shatter Fate: Alter the story of AMC’s The Walking Dead by weaving your own path through the series’ events. Save the villain, kill the hero… and live with the consequences.
- Slash, Bash & Shoot the Undead: Slay hordes of walkers in third-person action with a variety of melee and ranged weapons, including bats, katanas, revolvers, shotguns, and crossbows.
- Build Your Dream Team: Play as characters from a roster of over twelve iconic characters from AMC’s The Walking Dead, including Rick, Shane, Michonne, Carol, Daryl, and more.
- Survive the Apocalypse: Manage limited resources, scavenge for weapons and ammo, and maximize your party’s abilities to stay alive.
- Experience the Tension: Defend your camp, rescue survivors, and fight through stealth and all-out combat. Get one last chance at survival in a “broken state” before the walker threat overwhelms you.
The Walking Dead: Destinies is available now on PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch for £39.99. Physical editions of the game are available on 1st December for PlayStation and Xbox as well as PC via steam, and 26th January for Nintendo Switch.
The Walking Dead: Destinies is developed by Flux Games and published by GameMill Entertainment.
Television series in The Walking Dead Universe include Fear the Walking Dead, with its two-part series finale debuting 19th November on AMC and AMC+, The Walking Dead: Dead City starring Lauren Cohan (Maggie) and Jeffrey Dean Morgan (Negan), The Walking Dead: Daryl Dixon starring Norman Reedus and the forthcoming The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live, starring Andrew Lincoln (Rick) and Danai Gurira (Michonne), which is set to premiere in February 2024.
• For all the latest updates on the game from now until launch, visit TWDDestinies.com
• The Walking Dead Compendium Volume 1
by Robert Kirkman, Charlie Adlard and Cliff Rathburn
Introducing the first eight volumes of the fan-favourite, New York Times Best Seller series collected into one massive paperback collection! Collects The Walking Dead #1-48. This is the perfect collection for any fan of the Emmy Award-winning television series on AMC: over 1000 pages chronicling the beginning of Robert Kirkman’s Eisner Award-winning continuing story of survival horror- from Rick Grimes’ waking up alone in a hospital, to him and his family seeking solace on Hershel’s farm, and the controversial introduction of Woodbury despot: The Governor. In a world ruled by the dead, we are finally forced to finally start living…
The founder of downthetubes, which he established in 1998. John works as a comics and magazine editor, writer, and on promotional work for the Lakes International Comic Art Festival. He is currently editor of Star Trek Explorer, published by Titan – his third tour of duty on the title originally titled Star Trek Magazine.
Working in British comics publishing since the 1980s, his credits include editor of titles such as Doctor Who Magazine, Babylon 5 Magazine, and more. He also edited the comics anthology STRIP Magazine and edited several audio comics for ROK Comics. He has also edited several comic collections, including volumes of “Charley’s War” and “Dan Dare”.
He’s the writer of “Pilgrim: Secrets and Lies” for B7 Comics; “Crucible”, a creator-owned project with 2000AD artist Smuzz; and “Death Duty” and “Skow Dogs” with Dave Hailwood.
Categories: downthetubes News