If you’re looking for your own adventures in time and space then don’t miss the latest issue of BBC Doctor Who Adventures magazine, because the title is running a competition to win a life-size TARDIS to one lucky reader for their school classroom or playground.
“It’s a perfect replica of the Doctor’s amazing time machine,” says editor Moray Laing, “although, sadly, it isn’t actually bigger on the inside, it’s a massive prize to win!”
This TARDIS is worth £4,000 and to enter, readers have to collect two tokens. You’ll find the first token in the current issue and the second one appears in the issue out on 10th September.
- Five fantastic gifts! A magnetic TARDIS box, special key, a sonic screwdriver and two more magic, moving lenticular cards
- Special door hangers to cut out and pop on your door
- Exclusive interview with actress Jenna Coleman who tells us what it’s like to be the Doctor’s companion
- Two amazing fact figures of the new Doctor and a Weeping Angel
- Preview pictures from the next two episodes
- A special appearance from Cheryl Cole in the “Alien Babies” comic strip
- Loads of activities and puzzle pages
- Dalek secrets!
- Strax’s guide to the Half-Face Man from Twelfth Doctor Peter Capaldi’s first episode “Deep Breath”
- Two brilliant posters
- Read an exciting comic strip with the Doctor and Clara drawn by John Ross
• BBC Doctor Who Adventures Issue 353, on sale until 9th September 2014, priced £4.99. Web: www.dwamag.com
The founder of downthetubes, which he established in 1998. John works as a comics and magazine editor, writer, and on promotional work for the Lakes International Comic Art Festival. He is currently editor of Star Trek Explorer, published by Titan – his third tour of duty on the title originally titled Star Trek Magazine.
Working in British comics publishing since the 1980s, his credits include editor of titles such as Doctor Who Magazine, Babylon 5 Magazine, and more. He also edited the comics anthology STRIP Magazine and edited several audio comics for ROK Comics. He has also edited several comic collections, including volumes of “Charley’s War” and “Dan Dare”.
He’s the writer of “Pilgrim: Secrets and Lies” for B7 Comics; “Crucible”, a creator-owned project with 2000AD artist Smuzz; and “Death Duty” and “Skow Dogs” with Dave Hailwood.