The ComicScene Summer Special is released next month, and it’s free for ComicScene Comic Club members. The title, spotlighting independent British comics, is just one of several publications in the works from publisher Tony Foster, who has also put out a appeal to comic creators for art samples and strips for new projects.
Featuring a cover by Charlie Gillespie and design by Flops Comics, the ComicScene Summer Special will be available in June for free only to ComicScene Comic Club members and those who supported the recent History of Comics Kickstarter.
The comic will include, for the first time in print, Pat Mills and Gareth Sleightholme’s ‘Sfeer and Loathing’ introduction to “Slayer” from the pages of SpaceWarp.
The comic features sample strips from The77, Brawler, Sentinel, Wallop and the Wallop Annual. A limited edition print of the cover will also be free with every purchase.
The A4-sized comic is available to ComicScene Comic Club members as a digital edition with digital membership (costing £3 a month) or print membership (£10 a month). A £20 membership entitles you to the GetMyComics-published SHIFT anthology and a mystery independent comic every five months. Details of how to become a member here.
ComicScene publisher Tony Foster is also looking for artists for a number of new projects, both professional and up and coming artists for paid on a new history comic project,
“One is the History project that I’m working on,,” he tells downthetubes, “the others relate to return of my title, Atomic and the Saturday Comics – and one is for a project I can’t talk about in detail but could be very interesting.
“The History Project is written by Colin Maxwell and will utilise varying art styles to tell aspects of the story.”
Full submission details feature below.
• You can get your copy of the ComicScene Summer Special if you sign up to the Comic Club in print or digital here
• The comic will also be available to those who purchase the History of Comics Volume One or Two from the GetMyComics website or the ComicScene Comic Shop here
COMICSCENE COMIC CLUB MEMBERSHIP – WHAT DO YOU GET?
As a club member, you get the following as part of your £3 a month digital / £10 a month print membership
• The 116 page ComicScene Annual 2021 in digital featuring 22 all new stories
• The History of Comics 1984, 1977, 1950 and 1986 in digital (or print) with new books from June – 480 pages of new material designed to read easily on your electronic device
Extra History of Comics material
• Access to every ComicScene publication in digital – over 2500 pages
• Access to Crikey Collected – all the issuesplus Super Spies 1 & 2
• Free online comics and Comic Club Membership
• Access to the Comic Creator Directory
• Access to buying latest new and US comics online and comic auctions
• Access to a pricing guide for your comics
With every new member who signs up ComicScene offer a draw for a new or classic comic
• Exclusive news, competitions and invites to online events
• ComicScene also offer academic resources and marketing support for comic creators as part of the membership
With the print options, alongside the History of Comics you can get SHIFT and a free mystery comic.
COMICSCENE – CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
• Professional and up and coming artists for history comic project – pay £125 a page. Established cover artist also being sought. Please quote for cover.
• 3/4 panel, half page & full page family friendly strips for portfolio pitch. Pay to be determined
• IP owned 1 to 12-page complete mainstream or experimental strips ready for print now or to deadline. All genres. Minimum payment and profit share
• Submissions for ComicScene Indie Comic of the Week. Must be compete indie books, that have been published in the last 15 years or less and available for sale
• Letterer required – paid. Please quote per page
Send your notes of interest and samples to firstname.lastname@example.org
Categories: downthetubes News